Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Tube Rolling For SV-236


For quite some time I had planned to change tubes in my Vincent SV-236. However I was not quite sure what I was looking for, not until I heard my friends Exposure set. I then realized what I have been missing in my system: excellent fast rise-time of the sounds, timing and altogether what is often called PRaT.


I started extensive googling and eventually I found some nice tube-reviews that gave me hints that GE 5751 JAN NOS most probably had the qualities I was looking for. Indeed after installing these tubes to SV-236 I noticed that the sound was snappier as I hoped, but also sound stage was deeper and in many recordings the singer's presence was brought forward. On the other hand I noticed clear loss of bottom end, which however turned out to be better control in bass.

All and all very good upgrade, but not as dramatic as I hoped.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?